Position: Event Sales Manager
As a member of the Sales Department, the Event Sales Manager books events for the venue through an aggressive sales program. They manage an account base and works with clients on rates and terms of the space agreement and conveys that information to all internal departments.
Job Title: Event Sales Manager
Entity: Spectra Venue Management - Utah Valley Convention Center (Provo, UT)
Reports To: Director of Sales & Marketing
Status: Full Time
Closing Date: Open Until Closed / Filled
SUMMARY: To book events for the venue through an aggressive sales program. Manages an account base and works with clients on rates and terms of the space agreement and to convey that information to all internal departments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to...):
• Meets specified revenue goals and objectives for venue usage.
• Promotes the Convention Center to all potential clients; conducts venue tours; answers questions and provides information regarding venue services, policies and procedures; and assists clients in finalizing booking arrangements.
• Main sales contact for all groups within assigned market.
• Maintain a large account base of customers.
• Set appointments and make outside calls to potential clients.
• Daily prospecting to organizations making phone calls and sending emails.
• Researches, identifies and establishes the appropriateness of groups for the venue.
• Attend industry events and tradeshows if needed.
• Prepare event contracts and correspondence to clients.
• Enter and maintain complete and accurate information into EBMS (CRM booking system).
• Prepare reports, correspondence, memoranda, and agreements and forecast projections.
• Provide assistance and staff support to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
• Serve as a liaison with industry representatives, the general public, and other Convention Center departments and divisions.
• Plan and organize venue events efficiently.
• Deal effectively and efficiently with potential clients.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Make verbal presentations to groups of various sizes.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Communicate and work seamlessly with hotel and tourism partners.
• Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
SPECIAL CHARACTERISTICS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Multitask-oriented, organized, pays attention to details, and focused on customer service.
• Professional communication and appearance.
• Office experience, phone and office equipment.
• Understanding of the events industry with ability to identify space needs.
• Accurate financial and detailed reporting.
• Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; training on industry specific software will be provided.
• High level of comfort on the phone making sales calls.
• Two to four years of increasingly responsible sales experience preferably in a Convention Center, event center, or a hotel.
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course works in business administration, or a related field, or a combination of education and experience.
SALARY: Salary commensurate with experience. Very competitive benefit package.