Utah Valley Convention Center Undergoes Facility Renovation
[PROVO, Utah] – October 26, 2022 – This summer the Utah Valley Convention Center underwent significant renovations focusing on its aesthetic and lighting. Considering the traffic from hosting over 2,000 different events and approximately 1.2 million visitors since opening in May 2012, the Convention Center’s OVG360 management team deemed it necessary to update much of the facility.
OVG360’s Danny Wheeler, who serves as General Manager of the Utah Valley Convention Center, is grateful to those who aided on the renovations in the Convention Center and extremely proud of the venue and what it has accomplished. “How fortunate we are that Utah County shares the same vision as our OVG360 team here in Provo and is continually willing to invest the necessary capital funding to maintain our reputation and image as the premier meeting venue in the Western United States.”
The renovations included:
- Foam-backed Tarkett carpet tiles installed in the 20,000 sq.ft. Exhibit Hall.
- Custom-designed Brinton’s Axminster carpet installed throughout the remainder of the convention center.
- Fresh paint in all pre-function and meeting spaces.
- Repoured areas of exterior concrete around venue entrances.
- LED lighting upgrades in pre-function and meeting rooms.
- Upgraded large digital advertising signage throughout the venue.
- Larger entrance mats with the UVCC logo printed on them.
- State-of-the-art technology upgrade in our Donald Nay Executive Boardroom.
- Safety bollards installed around perimeter of venue.Wheeler states, “These renovations were just the facelift we needed to maintain the look and feel of a brand-new convention center.” With these upgrades and the recently opened 654-stall Freedom Commons parking garage one block north of the venue, the Utah Valley Convention Center is now even better equipped as Utah’s premiere meeting facility.